Last week we decided to take advantage of Ben's time off and go check out the "rugged" side of New York (scenic is probably the better term, especially for you westerners), so we went camping. The night before we left, I started thinking "who goes camping with 2 babies?" and I subsequently asked Ben "are we CRAZY?". Conclusion: Yes, a little.
We started by spending 2 days at the finger lakes. We camped at Taughannock Falls on Cayuga Lake. Dayton now calls himself a "hiker" and had fun trying to catch frogs. It was beautful.
We spent an afternoon at Trenemen State park, which is a fun place to swim by the waterfall, climb rocks, AND they have a diving board (which Ben liked)
We also spent a lot of time swimming. Dayton is so proud that he can now go "under water" and Levi doesn't even squirm when we put him in, just kicks and giggles (he's got some extra-insulation).
We left the finger lakes and headed to the Adirondacks for 3 days. Our camera battery died, so we only got a few pics, but it was beautiful. Our campsite was up in the trees away from everything (which was especially nice during the occasional sleep-deprived tantrum). We camped at Lake George and went to four or five different lakes. Here is Lake Luzerene.
2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun. Those were some beautiful swimming locations.
Looks like a blast! I'm glad you guys got to take advantage of his time off. I want to go camping now.
Post a Comment